Peer-reviewed medical journal articles on cluster headache and related conditions.
We have tried to link directly to PDF copies of articles where available for online viewing or download. In some cases, links may be directed to the Abstract only. These articles may require a subscription or one-time purchase in order to access to the journal article. Fees vary. For free or low-cost access to journal articles, please visit patientAccess, PubMed Central, or SpringerLink.
CHSG is not responsible for any fees incurred nor does it receive any payment, royalty, commission, or other compensation as a result of these links.
- CMS Decision Memo – Home Use of Oxygen and Home Oxygen Use to Treat Cluster Headaches September 27, 2021CMS Decision Memo - Home Use of Oxygen and Home Oxygen Use to Treat Cluster Headaches
- Risks Associated with COVID-19 Infection and Vaccination for Headache Disorders September 25, 2021Very little is known about the effect of any COVID-19 vaccine on cluster headache. What little research we have has been done on migraine and tension-type headache. We don’t have answers to all the questions. That doesn’t mean we don’t know anything.
- Clinical characteristics of headache after vaccination against COVID-19 (coronavirus SARS-CoV-2) with the BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine: a multicentre observational cohort study September 25, 2021The novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 causes the infectious disease COVID-19. Newly developed mRNA vaccines can prevent the spread of the virus. Headache is the most common neurological symptom in over 50% of those vaccinated.
- Refractory short-lasting unilateral neuralgiform headache attacks with conjunctival injection and tearing responsive to anti-calcitonin gene-related peptide monoclonal antibodies: A case report September 25, 2021Short-lasting unilateral neuralgiform headache attacks with conjunctival injection and tearing (SUNCT) is a rare but severely disabling variant within the spectrum of trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia lacking evidence-based treatment.
- Targeting CGRP for the Prevention of Migraine and Cluster Headache: A Narrative Review September 25, 2021Calcitonin-gene-related peptide (CGRP), a neuropeptide broadly distributed in neuronal and non-neuronal regions throughout the body, plays a fundamental role in migraine and cluster headache (CH) pathophysiology.
- Assessment of immunogenicity from galcanezumab phase 3 trials in patients with episodic or chronic migraine September 25, 2021This analysis characterizes the immunogenicity profile of galcanezumab, a humanized monoclonal antibody that selectively binds calcitonin gene-related peptide and inhibits its activity, in phase 3 migraine trials.
- Effect of calcitonin gene-related peptide (-receptor) antibodies in chronic cluster headache: Results from a retrospective case series support individual treatment attempts September 25, 2021CGRP has an important pathophysiological role in cluster headache. Chronic cluster headache patients with insufficient response to other preventive treatments have been receiving individual off-label treatment attempts with CGRP antibodies.
- CGRP, a target for preventive therapy in migraine and cluster headache: Systematic review of clinical data September 25, 2021Targeting the calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) pathway to treat these headaches may be the first focused therapeutic option to date, with the potential for promising efficacy.
- Burden of Cluster Headache Not Well-Understood by Researchers July 9, 2020Improving our understanding of the personal and societal burden of cluster headache is critical to generating greater interest in the development of new treatments and funding clinical trials.
- Are Painless Cluster Attacks Possible? June 2, 2019Although rare, there are reports of painless cluster attacks or painful attacks without the autonomic symptoms characteristic of cluster headache.