- September 8, 2017 at 8:00 am #7953CHSG AdminKeymaster
This website hosts a community discussion forum that is exclusively for patients with cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias and their close supporters. We want this to be a safe, supportive environment that is a resource for accurate, reliable, medically sound information about cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias.
The general welfare of our group depends on the conduct of each individual; this ensures the success of CGSG and provides the maximum benefit to everyone. All participants are expected to read, understand, and support these reasonable expectations.
- Keep the focus on science. No pseudoscience, quack medicine, or crazy internet fads. If the information isn’t supported by studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals, it’s not a topic for discussion here.
- Be kind and courteous. We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- Don’t ask for or give medical advice. Please share your experiences and knowledge. Do not ask us to give you a diagnosis, tell you what’s safe for you, or what you should be taking. Do not offer these either.
- Keep the conversation in the group. Do not invite members to contact you privately to “learn more” about anything you are selling or promoting. Do not send unsolicited private messages to other members.
- Stay on topic. Refrain from hijacking posts with off-topic comments. If you have something new to say, please start a new thread. Don’t hijack threads.
- Respect everyone’s privacy. Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group.
- No promotions, spam, or fundraising. No selling or self-promotion. Do not post links to fundraising pages or solicit donations from members.
- No hate speech or bullying. Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- Respect our Volunteers. Show respect to our health care providers. Report abusive or coercive behavior to our admin team. If you disagree with our mission and values and/or are unwilling to abide by this Code of Conduct, please quietly leave the group. Do not attempt to change our policies by arguing with our volunteers. Report unacceptable behavior to administrative team. We catch most of it quickly, but occasionally we miss something, so don’t hesitate to let us know if there is a problem. Finally, if you have concerns about the behavior of our volunteers or policies, please contact us privately to discuss them.
On behalf of the entire team, WELCOME to CHSG!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.